|About St Moritz Travel Planner|
|Tom Brosnahan and Travel Info Exchange, Inc. produce travel websites that provide true travel guidance, not just information.|
What makes StMoritzTravelPlanner.com (SMTP) special?
1. True Travel Guidance, not just information. There's already way too much travel information, especially on the Internet. What people need is guidance, which is information and opinion designed for decision assistance, that is, to help them make decisions about where to go, what to do, and how to spend your precious travel budget.
2. Personal Travel Guidance: it's all done by one guy: me. Writing, photos, layout, HTML encoding, cartography, answering the phone, responding to email, making the coffee, taking out the trash. There is nobody else. That's the beauty of modern technology: a job that once needed a large publishing staff can now be done by one person, which is optimal because the best travel guidance is personal. From Baedeker to Eugene Fodor to Arthur Frommer to Rick Steves. It always has been.
3. It's all done "by hand:" no slick database, no tortured over-design. It's not like a hi-tech machine or a computer game, it's like a book. This "hand-work" is why SMTP is easy to navigate: I personally plan and implement the links you might need and the pages you'll want to read next, and set up the navigation accordingly. It's difficult and expensive for a team of researchers and editors to do that with a database, much easier and more efficient for one person with expert knowledge.
4. It's designed for you, the traveler, not for advertisers. Sure, it's got to pay its way, but YOU and your trip are the reason SMTP exists. I really love researching trips and presenting travel info, and I love the responses I get from travelers. If I help you, I figure I'll succeed, so I don't need distracting banner ads that flash, or any other dancing baloney. I hope that you'll support the businesses that support SMTP.
5. It's innovative: because I do everything myself, I can try new and different ways of presenting travel information, and make finding that information easier and more fun for you. I've spent decades working to make travel information comprehensive and comprehensible to travelers of all types. I've got definite ideas about how to do it, and new ways (like Optimized Hypertext™), and there's no editor or webmaster to tell me that I've got to do it the way everybody else has always done it.
I've been roaming and writing professionally for nearly 40 years. Ever since 1970 when I published my first guidebook, I've dreamed of being able to publish my own travel guidance information in my own way in a direct two-way dialogue with travelers.
My Travel Planners are the fulfillment of that dream.
I'm curious to know if I've succeeded in helping you to plan your trip to St Moritz. If you find SMTP useful, informative, easy and fun to use, or if you have a question or comment about travel to St Moritz, please let me know: send a message directly to me. Thanks!
—by Tom Brosnahan